RECYCLED LEATHER LABELS

Our recycled leather is obtained through a grinding process that combines 80% leather scraps with a remaining 20% mixture of latex, synthetic compounds or natural rubbers.
The manufacturing technique is reminiscent of the one followed when making recycled paper.

This leather has been created specifically for making labels for pants and jeans. It is exceptionally water-repellent and easy to sew.

Thickness 0,8 mm – 1,4 mm
Custom colours available on demand.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING RECYCLED LEATHER?

  • It’s environmentally-friendly;
  • It’s economically beneficial: it saves between 30% and 50% on label costs;
  • It has a significantly lower environmental impact, with 5% maximum waste compared to up to 40% waste produced when manufacturing a traditional label;
  • Reduces landfill costs;
  • Low natural gas emissions: up to 50% – 70% of natural gas use;
  • High durability: the leather’s reinforced textile core enables it to resist tearing and gives it greater elasticity;
  • Various colours are available with an ample selection of grains, structures and fastenings.

TECHNICAL DATA

  • WEIGHT 0.70 Kg/mq
    AVERAGE ELONGATION (ref | mm thickness) 25 %
    UNI EN 3376:2006
  • SAMPLED AND ON COLOUR TONE TOLERANCE
    0,7 EAB
    UNI EN ISO 7724
  • ACCELERATE WEATHERING TEST IN DARK CONDITIONS
    0,5 E
    UNICHIM 2|95-70 SCALE 4
  • COLOUR AND FINISH RUBBING RESISTENCE
    500 DRY RUBBINGS
    400 WET RUBBINGS
    UNICHIM 2|95-70 SCALE 4
  • TENSILE AT BREAK RESISTANCE (REF | MM THICKNESS)
    8,9 n/mm2
    UNI EN ISO | | 640
  • TEAR STRENGHT UNI|8026:20000
    ND % UNI EN ISO 3377:2006
  • COLOUR FASTNESS TO LIGHT TEST
    MORE THAN 4 grey scale
    UNI EN IS 105-b02:2004
  • COLLAGENE CONTEINT
    ND %
    UNI / TS | | 237:2007
  • WATER ABSORBMENT AFTER 60 MIN
    LESS THAN 20%
    UNI EN ISO 5404
  • FR CERTIFICATIONS
    CAL TB | | 7 e part |
    CIG. & MATCH B5 5852 PART |

Our research is devoted to the Maisons who are committed to respecting nature and all animal species.